The Decision to Start

I was searching for a free eBook of Iphoneography 101 online when I stumbled upon Cynthia Louden's blog. I was mainly looking for tips on how I can improve my skills on iphoneography, but instead, I ended up downloading her free eBook about blogging. It is a .pdf file with a bunch of blogging ideas, actually the title of says what the book is all about -- A Year of Blogging Ideas. Haha!

So since I've created my blog just last week, I'm kind of struggling on what are the topics that I should discuss here. I hope Cynthia's eBook will motivate me to write sensible (and I hope inspiring too) posts in the coming days. Well from the start, I've made it clear to myself that as much as possible, I will not write anything here about my personal relationships and what's really going on with my life. But I think, almost everyone will agree to me that it's just impossible to accomplish. Haha! There will come a time that the only emotional outlet that I will have is this blog. And there will be those suppressed feelings that I will randomly blurt in here. Haha!

Anyway, of all the ideas listed in the eBook, the title 'The Decision to Start' caught my attention the most. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because for the past weeks, I've been wanting to learn a lot of new things but I always end up learning nothing. I can always hear myself -- I want to do this and that, learn this, teach me how to do it, and so on. I'm like a kid who gets so giddy and excited just by thinking about it. I don't know if I'm just afraid that I might fail or if I simply just don't have any idea how to start. Deciding to start is easy. The harder part is starting whatever it is that you have decided to start. And the hardest part of course, is continuing what have you started.

I've come to realize that I am at the hardest part now. I can't seem to continue the things that I have started. My mind is so preoccupied with the things happening in my life that I don't even know where or how I will continue this journey. I'm not 'fully' motivated nor inspired. I am sort of lost. What's keeping me sane now is my faith in Him. Knowing that He's up there watching me and guiding me makes me feel at peace. That somehow, somewhere, I'll find my way back and figure everything out.

So I guess for now, I should just enjoy this process and try to figure things out little by little on my own. After deciding to start, my next step will be: find a really good motivation to continue whatever it is that I started! Haha! Easier said than done! Heh. Now THAT is the challenge.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

I'm a 20-ish year old Filipina named after Cannabis Sativa. I live to explore, to learn and to make a difference in this world. If you are a grammar nazi, I highly suggest you stay away from this blog. Lol. *Blog is still under construction*

Instagram